One of the biggest revolution which the mankind experience ever is the invention of the internet. It made our lives easier over the years and today has become a necessity rather than a choice. Staying in touch with your family and friends has become so convenient, and it has given us a platform to connect and interact with new people and businesses. This gave origin to the concept of digital marketing. As the term specify, it’s a form of promotion and marketing via search engines, emails, social media and mobile-based applications to reach your current and prospective customers.
In past decade, social media took over the world with a wave. Everyone take up these platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and WordPress to share their expressions, opinions, work and life moments. Apart from the traditional format of marketing using these options to advertise and increase the visibility of business have proved to be very successful and most effective. Hence more and more businesses are now adopting digital marketing as one of the major strategies for their growth plans.
Primarily to make your company visible, you need to have an attractive and explanative website. One can hire professional website designers or can use generalized deigning templates being offered online by various hosting companies. Many digital marketing companies also offer this service.
Various types of digital marketing activities which can be performed to increase online presence involve:
- Search Engine optimization- This process involves reworking content and technicalities of the website designed to enhance its searchability on various search engines. With your company been shown in first few results of any searched keyword, the chances of prospective customer viewing your website increases.
- Attracting attention through creative snackable content: Sought of an indirect marketing, this involves creating indulging, informative and concise write-up in the form of a blog or an article which impacts their decision-making and route them through to your website.
- Social media: Using social media options like Facebook, Youtube, LinkedIn to promote your business by sharing related contents, which encourage people to share it further with their peers. This strategy also enhances trust of existing and prospective customers in your offering,
- Email Promotion: One of the traditional modes of digital marketing, emails are only effective, if there is a sense of trust, and has interesting contents like campaigns and visual displays which are descriptive and entertaining.
- Mobile Marketing: One of the handy devices owned by every human nowadays are smartphones. With high-speed net access in their phone, people tend to spend most of the time with their phones. Hence mobile marketing involving SMS, MMS, various apps reaching to the prospective customer becomes really easy.
- Paid Searches- These are the sponsored links which show on the sides or above of the web page when a keyword is searched. This Pay-Per-Click advertising has proved to be very effective and helpful for many organizations.
Whether new startups or established market leaders, digital marketing has become a need of the hour. It has proved to be the fastest, most effective and successful marketing technique.